Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi Bryan, the replacement part you suggested corrected the

Hi Bryan, the replacement part you suggested corrected the problem and food in the fresh food side is no longer freezing, however; now we the fresh food side is not getting cold enough, even with it set on 10.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay how long is it been installed? Is there any air flow coming through? Let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, the fan assembly was installed approx 1 month ago. Where should I feel air coming from? The bottom of the assembly? and should it be all the time? The fan that I can hear running, shuts off as soon as I open the door. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Okay air should be flowing out of number 458 on this diagram at the top back of the refrigerator section through the damper assembly number 459, feel for airlow there. what you have to do though is hold the light switch in number 609 on the diagram in order for the fan to run so you can feel the air, we need to know if it's flowing, let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, yes there is airflow when it is cycled on.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay there is airflow? But yet the refrigerator section is not cooling? How much air is coming through? If you turned it down from 10 to say 5 does more air flow? You have to give it a few seconds for the damper to open see if that gives you more air flow, do you know the actual temperature inside the refrigerator section? Do you have a thermometer in it or you just going by how warm the milk or whatever you have in there is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The air flow seems to be the same at any temp. No thermometer, just beer, milk, etc that never get real cold.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay if you could get yourself one of those thermometers that you stick in the refrigerator I really need to know the temperature where it that is, how long has it been plug it back in and running overnight is that right? You haven't open the doors a lot correct? Anyway what I need you to do is to get one of those thermometers you can get them at Lowe's or somewhere just one of those little round ones you put in the refrigerator and then let me know what the temperature actually is? I have to step out for a while but I'll be back later, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, I just got home with a thermometer. Any idea how long it will be until I get an accurate reading? There is no indication on the package. Thx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, the thermometer has been in the fridge for about 5 hrs now and surprisingly, it is reading 32 degrees??
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

are thing freezing again ? those thermometer's can be off a few degrees either way. let me know today.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, we haven't had any fresh food freezing problems since we chg'd out the air assembly. Last night before going to bed (thermometer had be in there apprx 9 hrs, in about the middle of the fridge) it still had a reading of 32 degrees, so I moved it to the top shelf. This morning it read 38 degrees on the top.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats just about perfect the refrigerator section should be between 34 and 38° now you can't really go by that gauge exactly they're not perfect they could be off a few degrees either way if you go any lower than 34 you gonna freeze any higher than 38 it's not, gong to keep things as cold as you want to, also opening and closing door temperature goes up quick so it might be closer to 36 I really can't tell you only a digital readout would really give you the most accurate reading but those are more expensive and wouldn't expect you to buy one of those, I can understand at that degrees why your drinks feel warm, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So frustrating, thanks for your time Bryan!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, it's me again.....so let's just assume it is not getting cold enough, any idea what could be wrong. It's definietly not cooling like it used to. I am not used to having to put my drinks in the freezer to make them nice and cold. Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Boy that's a tough one, what do you have the settings on it now? Put them both right in the middle and tell me tomorrow what does temps are. Sorry I've been on the road a lot today and haven't been around ago call a on emergency calls so had to go out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
K, want the thermometer in the middle too? No worries, I have been in and out all day too. Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay yeah the middle would work, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, the temp this morning was 37 degrees
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

thats right where it should be, around 36 is perfect so your close

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hmmm....Thanks!