Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our Maytag Washing machine Model MAV6200AWW - SHUTS OF DURING

Our Maytag Washing machine Model MAV6200AWW - SHUTS OF DURING THE RINSE CYCLE. We can restart by pushing the dial in then pulling out. How do fix the early shut off problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay how far into the rinse cycle does this shut down? Is it putting water in during the rinse cycle? Let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does not spin. It shuts down at the start of the spin cycle. No water goes in. This happens in the White cycle and the Color cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay can you do me a favor? Put this on cold water only at the beginning of the cycle the regular wash cycle and tell me if cold water is coming in, not warm but cold. If this is a getting cold water like it should on the rinse cycle it will stop. This does drain the water however after the first initial wash cycle is that correct before it gets to rinse or is it just stop right when it gets to rinse and not drain the water also?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
White Cycle, cold water. The wash cycle works, water in water out. When the dial points to rinse, the machine stops - no water in or out. Previously the machine would restart if we push the dial in then out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay your timer is bad, I just looked at that in this one has the plastic timer in it and these ones fail all the time, you need to order and replace it, his a link to a you can order the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/22003371/824639?modelNumber=MAV6200AWW this will take care of it, thanks, Bryan