Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Whirlpool Gold QUiet Partner IV dishwasher has clean light

My Whirlpool Gold QUiet Partner IV dishwasher has clean light blinking 7 times in a row then pause and it continues again. Dishwasher drains but won't start. Any suggestions?

The blinking CLEAN light is an error code for a water heating failure .
Prees the Normal then the Heated dry ,Then Normal again Then Heated Dry Again .

Let is start to run for approx 30 sec ,THEN press cancel twice.

Let me know what it does?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pressed the normal, heated dry, normal, heated dry but nothing happens. I did this before and the control panel light up and then I pressed cancel and it drained and then stopped and blinking continued.
did you press the buttons with the door closed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried it again with door closed this time. Clean light is on. I can hear a machine running but no water running.

ok open the door and check the float switch ,lift it up and down several times to see if it then brings water in .

You will need to cancel that cycle and then restart it to see if it then brings in water?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no water in the dishwasher. It has already drained. I lifted up the float switch several times. Clean light is still blinking.
you just said it was on , was it blinking then also or just solid ON?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it was blinking then also.
so the clean light is blinking ,But you can still run / program the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The Clean light is blinking but when I do the normal, heat dry, normal heat dry cancel it drains (sounds like it is draining but there is no water in it to drain it.) then it stops. I can't program anything because clean light is blinking.
When it stops ,then are you able to program a cycle???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can press press the buttons to program a cycle put when I press start the start light blinks twice and then goes out. Machine does nothing.

Clean light is blinking
Normal wash light on or pots/pans light doesn't matter which one I press
Heated dry light on
Start light blinks twice and then goes off.
Ok you keep going back and forth VERY confusing IS the CLean light blinking or NOT?????????????????????????????
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im going to let some one else read between your lines !

Hi, thanks for using Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. PUsh the following within 5 seconds....

HI Temp Wash Heated Dry Hi Temp Wash Heated Dry

Push cancel 10 seconds after all of the light go out and see if it will start a cycle.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will glady pay you. The other tech that I have spent 3 hours with was a jerk.. Can you tell me why it does this or am I going to need a part in the future? thank you.
The blinking clean light indicates that the control did not recognize a 4*F temperature rise in the main wash cycle. This is most often caused by the door not shutting completely. If it starts flashing again, let me know and we can do some heat circuit component testing. I doubt you will need to, but please know that once you accept, you may refer back to this thread AT NO ADDITIONALK CHARGE if the light begins to flash again. I f you do choose to accept my answer, please be sure to click the accept button by my response.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Took the next expert exactly 1 minute to give me the correct code to restart the machine. maybe you need to go back to school - especially for manners. I reported you to Justanswers.