Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The fan in my refriferator has become very noisy. What can

The fan in my refriferator has become very noisy. What can I do to reduce the sound?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you open the refrigerator door and look on the ceiling or one of the side walls for the model number? I need the full model number to help you, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay you need to replace the evaporator fan this.It's behind the panel inside the freezer behind your food, these fans go all the time and get noisy, before you replaced the fan make sure there's no Frost behind the panel with the fan is that the fan maybe hitting, I'm not sure what kind of noise this is making but if it sounds like the fan is hitting something it could be that you have a Frost build up around the fan in need to defrost it, if there's no Frost and the fan is just noisy then here is a link to a you can order it, there is also a video there that shows you how to replace it so it makes a real simple, thanks, Bryan