Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whisper Quiet Ultima Kitchen aid Superba Dishwasher is not

Whisper Quiet Ultima Kitchen aid Superba Dishwasher is not draining at the end of the cycle. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Water pools at the bottom on the washer.
Number on the bottom inside of the door XXXXXXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What do you mean : "Sometimes it works and sometimes not"

What works and doesn't work sometimes exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ran it once the other day and it drained and dried with no issues.

Ran it today and it did not drain.

The not draining problem happened about a year ago so we stopped using it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
do you have a model number so I can see what might cause this? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher and can be seen if you open the door. The number with start with a K for "KitchenAid"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
KUDS24SEBS1
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
There is a check valve that clogs often on this dishwasher preventing it from draining properly. Turn the circuit breaker off prior to servicing it. Remove the kick panel below the door on your dishwasher. The drain hose is attached to a white plastic tub in the front right corner of the motor assembly. Remove the drain hose and unscrew the plastic tube. This plastic tube is the check valve. Remove this part and flush it with your faucet. You can also clean it out with a toothpick if the clog is rather bad. There is a rubber flapper inside the unit that prevent water from going one direction but it will allow water to pass through the other direction. That is the check valve that gets clogged. Below is a link to the part you'd looking for.

CLICK HERE
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I removed the drain hose the water at the bottom of the unit came gushing out. My guess it that means the valve was not clogged. I tool it out and cleaned it anyway. I was also able to blow out the water in the drain hose into our garbage disposal (where the line goes). Any other suggestions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just tried to run the dish washer it and it seemed to drain after the first cycle. I will let you know if it completes with no issues

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok it looks like the washer worked this time. Hopefully it was something in the line that I did not see. I will ask another question if I have other problems