Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kitchen aid oven model number KGRS807SSS00. I engaged

I have a Kitchen aid oven model number KGRS807SSS00. I engaged the self cleaning feature and realized I had a pan in the oven, instead of cancelling the operation, I opened the door before the mechanism locked. The mechanism was in the process of locking. Now the the oven gives the message that the door is open and will not allow me to clean the oven. Also the light remains on thinking the door is open (it appears closed), but the locking arms are visable. I unplugged the unit in the hopes of the oven rebooting, but this did not work. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are you able to actually shut the door all the way right now or not?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The door seems to be shut, but the light remains on and will not allow me to clean the oven. I am able to start the oven.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then unfortunately the door latch/lock mechanism is just shorted for one reason or another. It will need to be replaced to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE