Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my frigidaire dishwasher 42 built in professional series

my frigidaire dishwasher 42' built in professional series PLD4050RHC has no power at all. I unplugged and replugged. I checked the circuit breakers and thats not the problem. There is so power at all. Is there a reset buttom somewhere?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Frigidaire's are famous for having a problem with the electrical connections to the machine itself, they put solder on the wires on the dishwasher and most people don't strip that back when they install them and eventually these are arc and you lose power to the machine, what you need to do is remove the bottom panel under the door and it will be a small electrical box shut the power off the breaker and remove the cover and then the wire nuts and see if there is one that's not connected well, also strip the back far enough for clean copper and reconnect them, see if that works if not let me know and I will look up the diagrams to see if there's a thermal fuse in this, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, thanks so much. I will do what you said and let you know if that worked.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay just let me know and if that doesn't work will go further, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, I don't see where the green button is to pay you...
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I hadn't sent it yet we haven't solved your issue yet so I was waiting, let me know when you're able check the wiring, and if that doesn't work I will check the rest of the potential causes for your issue, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow...ok thanks. I love this site. Is it possible to always work directly with you...
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes if you request me. let me know when you know, LOL, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok happy new year
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay no need to reply again until you get that looked at, so when you do let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, I did all of the above...but the wires were clean and connected correctly. Still no power. The washer is not even 2 years old. Any other suggestions
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, do you have a voltmeter? Do you know how to check voltage? And continuity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope don't know how to do that
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, the problem is most likely the control board itself but I usually like the customer to test for power to the control board for the order that because can be expensive if you make a mistake and without being able to have you test to make sure that the power is getting to the board we have no idea for sure that is the issue but 90% of the time it is however I will give you a site we you can order it, this is what the board looks like, it is inside the control panel usually accessible through the door by taken the screws off around the inside of the door and lifting up the inside panel, you can order this and if it doesn't do it you can return it no questions asked, at this point without being able test this for power then it's kind of a guess actually, I'm sure you see the position I'm in on that, here's the link if you want to give that a shot like I said you could always return it if it doesn't do the trick but I'm pretty sure it will, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/154757002/1550665 you may be able to open up the control panel and inspect the board to sometimes you can see that they are burnt or something is fried on it but that doesn't always be the case, sometimes you can't see it at all but it could still be bad, that's about the best advice I can give you other than calling a technician in, we try to avoid just telling customers a call it technician but without electrical experience or the proper tool to test it with it's nearly impossible tell you for sure exactly what the issue is, I hope this helps though, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bryan You did a good job of helping me. Ill try all that and see how it goes. If I need to call a technician I will. You did your part.

Denise