Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigertaor. My problem is

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigertaor. My problem is with the ice maker. It started several days ago when it seems that there is extra water going into the ice cube trays causing dripping and icicles down into the freezer. Than a day or so later it stopped sensing when the ice bin was full and keeps making more ice cubes even when full. Of course the dripping problem keeps going on. I even tried to turn off the icemaker with the manual switch but that does not seem to work. l am wondering if the dripping problem is causing ice to affect the the other two problems. I am thinking about defrosting the freezer and see what happens. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It's likely that ice/water build up is causing both problems so you'll want to just thaw everything out with a hair dryer and see what happens. If it continues to act up, then order and replace the icemaker itself because it's starting to fail. It's calling for water too long and it's no longer shutting off when the ice bin is full of ice.