Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have the oven door off. When I tried to put the oven door

I have the oven door off. When I tried to put the oven door back in place and the safety latch is stuck in place. I pulled down the hinge spring and tried to pry up the safety latch and have had no luck. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Below is a video to a Fisher and Paykel oven door (yes I know that your oven is Kitchen Aid). But it shows you how I force the hinge open to move the locking tab. It works the same for your Kitchen Aid oven, so just watch and it should be very informative.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have seen the video. I have already tried this approach and then safety latch is stuck. On side works fine, while the other is hung up. I tried prying on the safety latch while the hinge was in the open position, but it will not budge.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK then either you need to replace your hinge because it has failed, or you can open the door up and get someone else to use pliers to try to force the safety latch over. Chance are it got bent from the door being taken off improperly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I got through that issue and had both safety latches in place. I went to place the door back into position. One side is locked and in position. The other side is not going in like it should. What should I do?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
If the latch is locked out it should be going in place just like normal. Raise the door up to the broil position before inserting it into the hinges and then wiggle it while you lower the door so that it goes into place.