Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have Refrigerator Model #GB2fhdxw503. I am trying to repair

Customer Question

I have Refrigerator Model #GB2fhdxw503. I am trying to repair plug drain hole in freezer compartment. I have the door off. How do I get the upper freezer tray out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are little plastic clips on either the right or left side of the freezer tray. Warm them up with a hair dryer and then pop them off of the tray so that you can push the tray toward the wall and left the opposite side of the tray up and out of the holes. These clips prevent the tray from moving left or right, but if you remove them then the tray will slide over about half an inch so you can lift the tray out.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is not all your fault, but you folks don't help by just answering this step-by-step. I have to get the back panel off in order to unplug the drain hole. While waiting to get your answer, I got the upper tray out, but now the drawer slides and ice maker are in the way of the getting back panel out. If you can help, great, otherwise I'm not going to accept. I've already paid $50 a day or so ago for telling me to unplug the hole. That was the answer which implies this is easy..........