Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag drter Model MDE4000AYW. It still works but

I have a Maytag drter Model MDE4000AYW. It still works but makes an awful squeaking noise when drying clothes. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you get a squeaking noise, then it generally means that your idler pulley below the drum next to the tub is starting to go out. You'll want to disconnect the belt and remove the idler pulley to look inside the bearing of the pulley. The center will often be orangish because the bearing is going out. Below is a link to the idler pulley you'd want to replace.

And below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the front panel so you can access the inside of the dryer.