Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

RR - crb

Customer Question

My washer filled up with water, started to work and then when I opened the lid to throw in one more garment it stopped. I do not hear the motor running or any sounds. We checked the fuse and it is fine. I also depressed the small button to ensure it was moving. What else can I check? Thank You
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

These older Maytag machines have a switch assembly (it controls the lid switch, switch fuse, and out of balance switch) that tends to go bad as they get older. If you have a model number I can look up the correct part you'll need to order. The model should be located on a sticker on the back of the control panel.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you however since I don't hear anything I am assuming it will be more than the switch. Unfortunately I am not satisfied with the information you have provided me.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The switch cuts out EVERYTHING just like the washer is unplugged. That is why your switch is bad and needs to be replaced.