Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dishwasher KUDP01FLSS3 fills with water but doesnt spray.

My dishwasher KUDP01FLSS3 fills with water but doesnt spray. The pump hums but not super loud as I have read about on many forums? I have had to remove small pieces of wine glass over the last couple of years. I removed the washer from the counter yesterday and watched the motor from the rear, I assume you should see it spin but was not the case. (Electrical smell and hum) Also I could reach in and rock the "fins" through the motor case so the motor doesn't appear frozen? Is there a place I can check from the top for glass or any other junk or is it the motor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This could happen because your sump assembly could be clogged up, or possibly your circulation motor is just faulty and the pump and motor assembly will eed to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Below is a video that will show you how to take the dishwasher apart to clean it out. If that doesn't solve your problems, then you'll need to order and replace the pump and motor assembly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If this is not a clog, why the pump AND motor assy. or is it one unit? Also a quick thing I forgot is the membrane over the control switches has holes in it can it be replaced seperately without the circuit board and could this have any impact on my problem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
the pump and motor assembly is 1 assembly. And the membrane can not be replaced separately from the control panel. The entire plastic control panel will need to be replaced if there are holes through the buttons.