Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Superba 42 side by side. The ice maker stopped producing

Customer Question

I have a Superba 42 side by side. The ice maker stopped producing ice yesterday. How can I trouble shoot and /or get it repaired?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is your ice bucket container on the door itself or is it in the back of your freezer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is in the back, NOT on the door.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. To do this, just fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve under the bottom of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.