Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

I am looking to replace my Whirlpool drop in range. It is 30

Customer Question

I am looking to replace my Whirlpool drop in range. It is 30 inches wide, 22 inches deep and about 32 inches tall. Do you have any drop in ranges still with these deminsions?
Thanks and Happy New Year!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 5 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

Before I try to locate one to fit, I'm gonna make a suggestion that will save you a TON of money, Time and effort for years to come

Repairman1981 :

If you had a drop in, cut striaght down below it and remove the floor, then cut the counter top back to the wall so a slide in range can fit and you can get the same features for hundreds less, you will have more options, and next time you wanna replace something you can just go and buy ANY 30" Range you want

JACUSTOMER-m1tv616n- :

I've already thought of that but I would like to find one that fits if possible without cutting up my counter top.

Repairman1981 :

What type of counter do you have?

Repairman1981 :

IF it's granite or something I might would agree, but if it's laminate (like lots with dropins are) a saw and some packing tape and your good. I cut them all the time

JACUSTOMER-m1tv616n- :

a basic inexpensive linulioum (SP). But my counter top is not the question. I'm asking if you know where I can find a range made by Whirlpol that was the original range for my home with the dimensions I gave you.

Repairman1981 :

The depth is what I'm having trouble matching, Ge whirlpool, and frigidaire all have 30" deep, 28 is the closest I can come, if you only have 22" ..... nothing is available to drop right in now

Repairman1981 :

The width and the hight is available from all 3

JACUSTOMER-m1tv616n- :

That is information I already know. I was hoping that since my original was made by Whirlpool, you may know where I could find one with my demintions.

Repairman1981 :

They have discontinued them, so your doing some countertop modifications no matter what you buy ...... since your already doing that I would go ahead and convert to freestanding

Repairman1981 :

It will be a LOT less hassle later on

Repairman1981 :

But since you already know that, I guess there isn't much else I can help you with.

Repairman1981 :

Have a great rest of your new years day

JACUSTOMER-m1tv616n- :

Okay, thanks

Repairman1981 :

np