Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Jenn Air oven Model PRG3000P that has a problem when

I have a Jenn Air oven Model PRG3000P that has a problem when you first turn on the oven to preheat. The flame and gas cuts on and off numerous times until it finally reaches the set temperature. I am not sure which igniter is defective Igniter-B or Glow Bar Oven Igniter-Rear?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your oven igniter below the floor inside your oven is just starting to fail and needs to be ordered and replaced. Oven igniters last about 6-8 years under normal use before they tend to start failing. They need to draw at least 3.2 amps or else they won't open the gas valve correctly and it will either crack the valve open, or open and shut the valve several times when it should just be holding open. It doesn't matter if the igniter is glowing or not; just because it glows doesn't mean the igniter is drawing enough power to open the safety valve. The igniter is only about a $175 part and you can replace it yourself if you want to remove the racks inside the oven and then remove the floor to access it. Otherwise it will cost about $300 to call someone and replace it for you. Below is a link to the igniter you'd need to order to fix this problem.