Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Fridgedaire FDB2410HIS1 dishwasher will not start running.

Customer Question

Fridgedaire FDB2410HIS1 dishwasher will not start running. I push the start button and you can hear the water coming in but then it stops although the timer still show time going off of the cycle. At the end of the cycle they dishes are very hot and the soap dispenser has opened but the dishwasher did not wash the dishes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Welcome..Please remember if i reply to you with a answer, your replies to me are free of charge there after.Once satisfied Please accept...Start the washer..Once you hear the water finish filling..Open the door..Check the water level...It should be just at the heating element..If the timer is still working..Then this means the circulation pump is not running..Remove the front bottom kick plate..See if you can tell if the motor is running(humming Etc.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The water is to the heat element. I pulled the kick plate off, there is a very slight humming noise, not much of one, i pulled the door open a couple of time to make sure the hum was from the dishwasher and it was, very slight.
This means either there is something caught up in the motor..Or the motor #120 is faulty..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am mechanically inclinded, will I be able to remove the motor and see if something is caught in the motor? Will I have to remove the water arm and all interior parts to remove the motor?
Yes..First make sure the sound is coming from the motor..Break it down from the spray arm to remove..It is best to remove the washer from the cabinet..Turn it on its back to work on..Also keep in mind the cost of parts compared to replacing the unit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When you say keep in mind the cost of the parts compared to replacing the unit, are you talking about replacing the motor or the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I left the machine on, it is going through the cycle, water coming in and draining out but no water being sprayed washing the dishes. The machine does everything except spray the water and wash the dishes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct..The problem is within the circulation pump..It circulates the water in the wash cycle..There are two pumps..The drain pump and the circulation pump..Your problem is within the circulation pump.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Final questions: Are the two pumps, circulations and drain, in the motor Part #120? Will I replace the motor or the circulation pump or are they one in the same?

#120 is what you will need to replace..First check to see if there is something blocking the pump first before replacing..Thanks Bob