Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My convection microwave stopped working completely after switching

My convection microwave stopped working completely after switching from convection to microwave. All the proper proceedures were followed and about 6 seconds in to the microwave cycle the oven went dead. There is power to the outlet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If there are no signs of life on your microwave, either it's likely that one of your fuses has gone bad or the control board has failed. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to access and test the fuses. If they check good, then replace the control board. The location of the fuses may be slightly different than the video itself, but the appearance is the exact same so just look around a bit to find the fuses.