John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Maytag refrigerator all of a sudden decided to not cool

Customer Question

My Maytag refrigerator all of a sudden decided to not cool enough. I have a bottom freezer model and things are defrosting in the freezer. I feel cool air coming out, but its not enough to freeze the items. Do I need a service man out? Or is there something I can do to remedy this issue.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from behind the refrigerator down near the compressor ? about every 2 to 3 minutes ? is there any frost inside the freezer on the back wall behind the food?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No clicking, no buzzing, nothing. Sounds normal, its usual hum. No frost at all in the freezer, just dripping water from the food melting. The Fridge part is blowing air but its not that cold either. I tried to up the controls to max to see if there was any difference, none.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay can you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and remove the cover over the compressor on the bottom and feel the compressor? is it warm, hot, or cold ? is it vibrating ?