Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

ASKO Dryer problem: Excellence - TD77 model. The dryer shuts

ASKO Dryer problem: Excellence - TD77 model. The dryer shuts off before drying with an F1 error. Water collects behind the condenser device. There is little to no water in the top reservoir. If we mop up the water, we can restart the drier. We had a repair person come out to the house, and he said all we needed to do was to mop up the water behind the condenser one time and it would be fixed. He said it was the easiest house call he makes.

Repairman1981 :

Sounds like the drain pump, or drain pump switch has went out, The water is supposed to gather behind that condensor

Repairman1981 :

I can't say I have ever ran a call and told someone to "clean that up" and it is fixed

Repairman1981 :

It's supposed to gather there and be pumped up into the top resivoir, the other models pump it out the drain ..... The F1 is telling you it's not draining

Customer:

Hello! Do you think that the "tube" could be clogged? If so -- how do I check this? How can I check if it is teh drain pump or drain switch? I am not keen on calling the repair person back without knowing what is wrong.

Customer:

OK. we removed the hose and it blows clear. So it must be the drain pump or drain switch. Is there a way to tell before calling the repair person?

Repairman1981 :

Unfortunately not easily, these are a pain in the butt to take apart

Repairman1981 :

You gotta put a meter on the switch and the drain pump, if you can do all that you don't need a repair person.