Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a duet front loader and cant get it to work. The load

I have a duet front loader and can't get it to work. The load got through the first cycle, but we had an f21 error. We did what the manual said with no luck.

I have tried just doing the drain,spin cycle, but the barrels turns a little and nothing else happens, although it does make noise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 2 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

Is there still water in the machine ?

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No water un there
The error code is a drain error so the first thing to do is check the pump filter. Remove the front lower panel it is held with screws. Then remove the screw cap from the pump and clean the filter.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took our the two screws at the bottom, but can't get the panel off
It just slides down and comes off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cleared out of the kids socks, but the problem still exists.
Does the pump run ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Doesn't seem to. Thanks for the help by the way
Does it make any sounds at all ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a sound, but I can't tell if it is from the pump.

When I started the cycle, it sounded like it was trying to turn on. Now it is just a humming sound lke something is tryiing to work.
Does it fill with water ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it doesn't. Should I check the line from the pump to the back of the washer for blockage.

It is a little hard to get to.

How do I know if the pump is working on not?
You can feel it vibrate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pump?
Yes the pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I can feel it vibrating
So if you put it on the wash cycle it will not fill with water ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looks like we may be back in business. Can I run it through the wash cycle to make sure the drain works? Itis now adding water and spinning the tub.
Yes sure just let it run.

Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience