Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my front loader washer door will not unlock leak of water

Customer Question

my front loader washer door will not unlock
leak of water in the left lower corner?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

The first thing you need to do is get the door unlocked, there is a panel underneath the front door that is removable , number 247 on this diagram, remove the screws number 281 to access this, once you have that off you can reach up inside and pull the little ring on the bottom of the door lock assembly to open the door, it's an emergency release, you can see the ring in this picture on the left side, although it is facing down when it's in the machine. The next thing you need to do is see where the leak may be coming from which could be the pump or a hose I can't be sure of course until you get this apart, here's the diagram,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
let me know when you have this apart and we can continue then, thanks, Bryan

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have the door unlocked,
would you help me in detecting the source of leak and how to fix it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
The only way to tell is to see where the water is coming from can you see any wet areas on the bottom of the machine inside is in the back corner right back corner left front near the pump I really can't tell you where it is because I don't know where it's originating from can you give me an idea what area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It appears that leakage is near the front bottom left/or near the front bottom panel.
i dont see any leakage around the water connections or drain pipe connection
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay it's coming from the dispenser then you will need to remove the top panel there are screws along the back you need to remove and slide the panel back to get it out from under the front your dispenser area will be right there sums you get the top off. Run the machine and see if you can see where the water is leaking as it fills, this is most likely the issue, let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is water on the bottom base of the machine, and there are two connections to drain
and other waterconnection. those are only potential source? How can you checkit out?
please advise( noticed after removing the lower panel)
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well what i usually do is take a dry paper towel and go up and down the hose patting it to see if there's may be a pin hole somewhere that you can't see it's best to do this was water in the machine, sorry I've been extremely busy today and sorry for the late reply. Is the water right below the hoses or is it on the other side?