Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Have a Maytag MAH 3000 BGW front loader washing machine ( for

Customer Question

Have a Maytag MAH 3000 BGW front loader washing machine ( for years & years)
Place washing inside, shut door, add detergent,
machine fills, door lock red light comes on BUT NO WASHING
Slowly the dial moves thru the to 1st rinse (on all cycles)
and proceeds in the normal drum rolling when rinsing
Rinses & drains water all 3 times
Final spin OK
I have tried all cycles and NONE will wash but all are able to rinse in normal manner.
We have access to parts albeit very expensive in Australia but have no idea of the problem... please can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Charles replied 4 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question! My name is Charles and I am happy to assist you today!!

It sounds like you have a bad timer or control board.

I would start with the timer.

I hope this helps answer your question, if so please click the green accept button, if not im still here to assist you,

Thanks again,

Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What makes you think the timer is faulty?? and how to check/test that out first??

Top Control board covers everything just about & in Aus worth close to $400 & fit yourself & then after to only to find it was the timer so I need more help than that please as that is a guess we could make ourselves.

Expert:  Charles replied 4 years ago.

What makes me feel its the timer are the following things.

#1, The same motor that spins the tub aggitates the tub for the washing so we know its not the motor.

#2, We know id drains so it has nothing to do with that.

#3, The washer cycles through all other settings but just will not tell the tub to aggitate.

**

If you would like another opinion I would be happy to release your question so another expert can help you also.

Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Time between my follow-up question & your reply was 4 hours plus & as it was 2am we went to bed.

So the question still remains the same...... how to test the timer??

I am thinking the ' timer ' you refer to is the knob/dial used to select the cycle?

I am looking for an instruction type answer not simply a statement.

Yes, release my question IF you are unable to give the instruction I need, I want an answer I can accept without reservation.

Thank you

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Is the cold water and hot water working in the machine?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, please read my initial post for the actions of the machine, do you have access to this information?? if not, I will copy & paste it to you.

Helen

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

The reason I asked about the water is if it does not fill properly it will not agitate, if it times out it just continues with out agitating, here is the service manual for your machine, this may help you a lot with your problem...

Neptune_service_manual

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory