Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

We are interested in purchasing an older apartment-size waher

Customer Question

We are interested in purchasing an older apartment-size waher and dryer set. The man is asking $100 (but is negotiable on price). The set is a matching Kenmore series heavy duty. He said that they both work well, except that the washer needs to be manually clicked over to the spin cycle. Other than that, he said it washes, spins, drains, and everything fine. What would it take to fix the issue where the washer has to be manually turned to the spin cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 5 years ago.

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : I looks like the timer on the washer would need to be changed if it doesn't automatically switch to a spin cycle.
Jon Grella : I can check the part number for you but I would need the model number found on the machine to do so.
Jon Grella : Whirlpool often makes these kind of washers and dryers for sears. They ae good machines and in fact that is what I recommend to my customers. If the machine are working good then it might be worth it for you to buy the machines from him and just change the timer.
Jon Grella : Again it seems like the timing points in the timer have been worn out. Which is why the timer doesn't advance to the spin cycle. It can be easily replaced and depending on the model type it will cost about $25-200 depending on model.
Jon Grella : You can find the replacement parts at www.searspartsdirect.com or at www.marcone.com
Jon Grella : If you would like for me to check the parts for you, please email me back with the full model number located just behind the lid or door on the machine.
Jon Grella : And if you feel I have answered your question please remember to hit the green accept button below
Customer:

This is all the information I have on the washer/dryer at this time. I have messaged him for the model number, but have not received it yet. Thank you for your time and help. Happy New Year and God bless!

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer today.

Just get back to me with the model number when you get it from him and I will get the part number for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I just received the extra information on the washer today. He said it is Model 110. # 81362150. Serial # C61703895. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
We're just in very much of a hurry, and cannot wait.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would you mind telling me what the part number is?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.

it is right in the link .

But here it is again 661549

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was comparing some prices, and found that, just before that number you mentioned, it says either 3347178A, 3347178B, 3347178, or 3349093. I could not see that number in the link you provided. Do you which it is? Thanks.

The part number for the washer timer is 661549.

Did you open the link to sears that I sent you?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. I was just doing some comparison shopping...so I could see if I could get it any less, and those where the different timers offered with the second part ending in 661549. Do you know anything about that first series of digits I mentioned?

totally differant parts .

If the timer subtituted to any other number it would automatically have done that on the site.

Just as this site shows the original manufacture number ,then this company has it`s own part number.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/661549/1104