Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

We have a Kitchen Aid stainless cooktop K-GCK336VSS00. The

Customer Question

We have a Kitchen Aid stainless cooktop K-GCK336VSS00.
The decals or painted indicator designs around the knobs are coming off. Are there replacement decals?
Also, a guest was helping in the kitchen a couple years ago and used a sponge/scratcher that sctatched the stainless. I used wet 400 grit to revove them. Is there another product that is more recommended.
Thanks Ed
Submitted: 4 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.

Jon Grella : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized whirlpool service technician and I can help you today
Jon Grella : Unfortunately there arent any decals that you can get for the front control panel. You will just have to replace the front panel itself

Ok Jon. IT was worth a try.

Thanks, Ed

Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.
The part number for the replacement cook top that you will need is part number w10140186 and will cost about $185. It can be ordered at either or

If you don't want to replace the part and would rather like to replace the whole machine just make sure what ever you are looking at fits the dimensions of the cut out you have in the counter top now.

You can look at or kitchen and find the model you would like and check the dimensions.

If you need any other help please email me back here.

Thank you for accepting my answer today. Have a happy new year.