Old-Lonely
Old-Lonely, Customer Service
Experience:  40+ years Experience, All Major Brands, NASTEC Master Technician,
60513359

I dint know why these machines cannot be fixed. We had new

I din't know why these machines cannot be fixed. We had new circuit boards but in ours and the freon seems to be up. Why are they so inclined to fail

Repairman1981 :

Who said they cannot be fixed? If the freon is still in them they are repairable

Repairman1981 :

The reason they cannot be fixed when the freon leaks it cannot be found or repaired

Repairman1981 :

That is the reason they are " unrepairable" if yours has plenty of freon you either have a wiring issue, or a control, or a compressor

Customer:

I was told when I called the company that there was nothing that could be done about them.

Maytag owned a vending co, whirlpool bought maytag, sold the vending co, so no support from them, however parts might be available, haven't looked.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
between you and me I still think they should have given some support. I read where the owners all seem to have the same complaint. Any suggestions on what type of repairman I should call. I have a good one, but maybe there is another source we could get some information. Mine would ice up and I would shut it off to defrost and the last time I did it it wouldn't cool enough only goes to 50. This is the last question--do you think it could be the freon--seems logical.
if you let it thaw out completely and turn it back on and get a nice frost pattern over your evaporator, it's not freon, you should be a pretty complete frost pattern across all coils on the evaporator. Find an authorized Whirlpool repairman, he has access to the techline, but if it's sealed system problems there are no part to service them with. Never were evidently. Good Luck.
Old-Lonely, Customer Service
Experience: 40+ years Experience, All Major Brands, NASTEC Master Technician,