Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Frigidaire model LTF2940ESO front load washer on a

I have a Frigidaire model LTF2940ESO front load washer on a pedestal. It is pretty much impossible to keep level and I am really tired of it strolling all over my kitchen with every spin cycle. Should I just ditch it for newer technology? I did install vibration dampeners under the pedestal today with some relief but I have been lulled into a false sense of security before.

Randy 43 :

Hello, to be honest with you most of the time its not the machine ,its a weak floor and a uneven floor.. you can only level the machine ..if it shakes the dryer beside it or you can feel the vibration in the floor throughout your house,the problem isnt the machine..and any front loader will do the same thing

Customer:

I have also installed a 5/8 sheet of particle board between the floor (tile) and the machine but it only helped for a few cycles and then we were off hiking around again. I guess I will see how the rubber dampeners work and hope for the best. this is an older house built post war 1949 is there anything i can do in the crawl space to shore up the floor short of major construction.

Randy 43 :

yea ,some people have reinforced the flooring with posts,thats about it ..i guess you have made sure the locking nuts are tightened? the installers very rarely tighten the locking nuts