Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

We own the Whirlpool Duet model GHW9100LW1. Even though we

Customer Question

We own the Whirlpool Duet model GHW9100LW1. Even though we don't use bleach with our colored clothes, we have had bleach spots show up on them. Based on the shape and bleaching magnitude, the spots look like one or two teaspoons of undiluted bleach were poured directly on one garments in the load. This has been going on intermittently for 2 or 3 months. Have others reported this problem? What do we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

its due to build up between the tubs and you go to walmart, home depot or sears and buy some washer magic or affresh (washer magic is the best) and run though the washer at lease 2 to 3 times and it will clean the filters, between the tubs, pump and hoses and this will clean it out and it will work fine
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
With all due respect, this looks like a pat answer that doesn't explain what's happening in my machine. Our issue is bleach spots.
it happens when you have hard water and between it and detergents and softener it causes buildup between the tubs and get on the clothes when washing ,,, a lot of detergents has bleach in it
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks
before i leave for the day do you have any other questions for me