Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

why does the washing machine become unbalanced and move and

why does the washing machine become unbalanced and move and shake violently?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

is this a front or top load washer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
top load
sens me the model number and i will try to pull it up ,, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PAV3855AAW

thanks ,, does it only do this in spin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
you will need to replace the snubber, stator and brake, the parts are cheap but you will have to get a service tech to do this for you because of the special tool needed to do this
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please provide the part numbers for these items for me to order. i will then arrange for their installation. thanks
bake, 21002010 about $20
snubber, 21002026 about $5
stator, 35-6918 about $10

you will need to buy the spring compressor if your gonna do this yourself and it cost about $125, if not then when the spring files loose it can harm you since its under pressure ,, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for that. are they readily available here in australia and where can i buy them?
you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you anywhere
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks i will try and get these parts once the shops re-open. happy new year
Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service