Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

whirpool conquest GS5SHA freezer works fine d-iced today backcoils

Customer Question

whirpool conquest GS5SHA freezer works fine d-iced today backcoils had a little ice on them did this about a year ago too. refeg side not as cold as it should (48) top vent in back is pushing about 20 degrees lower vent in middle is 50 degrees this had ice on it used a hair dryer on it to remove ice on vents had unit off for three hours to defrost freezer control is at max (7) and running at 48 degrees. used a air compresser to clean coils on bottom fans are working on freezer and under fridge. any ideas ? defrost uint for 12+ hours
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

look inside the freezer and tell me if their is frost on the inside back panel and if the fan inside is blowing please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The bottom coil that I can see is white with a little ice on it. fan is running
is it a light coat for frost on the inside back wall of the freezer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Larry

you still there ?

No on the back wall

the vent on the side was blocked with bread I noticed it was all iced up

remove the inside back panel in the freezer and tell me if the coil is covered in frost from side to side and from bottom to the top please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I defrosted it two hours ago it had about a hand size spot towards the bottom in the center the freezer on the coils. the bottom vents I can see a little ice in the line like a a/c on a car on the cold side now.
how old is this fridge, 5 years or less?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2006

shows to be 5 years old which is great for you, you have a sealed system problem (freon leak) and the fridge comes with a 5 year sealed system warranty so you need to call and set up a service call and if the leak cant be fixed then they will have to replace the fridge with a new one ,, thanks and have a great new year
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks