Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I baked angel food cake in my Dacor oven and it overflowed

Customer Question

I baked angel food cake in my Dacor oven and it overflowed so I placed aluminum foil on the bottom to catch the rest. It cooked the aluminum foil to the bottom of my oven. How do I remove it? I know I can't use anything abrasive that will scratch it. If I use my self clean option will that remove the baked in foil or will it make it worse?
Pam
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. I'm sorry to tell you this but there is no way to remove it. Its best just to leave it alone so you dont make it any worse. It has burner the ceramic paint on the inside oven the oven.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't believe that there is no way to remove it. What will happen when I turn on the oven self clean option?
it will just melt the foil all the way.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So does that mean the bottom of my oven is not ruined???
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

the bottom is ok ,, run it though the clean cycle a couple time and it will after a period of time melt it all off, it will not hurt the cooking having it stuck on the bottom cover
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, it won't hurt the ceramic on the bottom of the oven to do the self clean? I won't get a different answer from Dacor? The earlier answer said I'd burnt the ceramic paint and no way to remove it. Which is the right answer?
don't know why they would say that, as long as you don't scrap the foil off it will not damage the ceramic covering and will melt it loose and it will come off over time ,, thanks and happy new year
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks