Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I need an information book for a GE washer model no:GTWN4950LOWS,

Customer Question

I need an information book for a GE washer model no:GTWN4950LOWS, serial no: VT105050G. The softner dispenser needs to be removed and cleaned. It is leaking on to my clothes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

you mean the one under the lid on the left side

number 200 in this picture
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you did not answer my question. How do I remove the fabric conditioner dispenser to clean it?
thats what i'm saying ,, is the one you want to replace number 200 in that picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The picture is so small and I don't see any numbers to indicate 200. I'm talking about the dispenser that sits on top of the agitator. On my old machine I could unscrew it for cleaning. This one looks like it might pop off with the help of a screwdriver, but I don't want to damage it if I am wrong.
on this one you will get hold of the top, twist it counter clock wise a little and pull up, it fits in and turns to lock in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That won't work. On closer inspection the agitator is one solid piece. It looks like someone stronger than I am is going to hve to remove the whole thing. That is why I need a book to see how this thing is put together. I am 70 years old and I don't have the strength to remove the agitator. So I am going to have to call a repair person. So you really haven't helped me. But I do appreciate your effort. I NEED A BOOK. I would pay $30 for a book at this point.
look at number 298 in this picture
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said there is nothing to unscrew, it is all one piece. I am going to call GE for a repair person to come out and fix it. The pictures are too small and I don't see any numbers. It doesn't even look like my machine. Send me a book and I would gladly pay you. But I can't fix it myself. I don't have the strength or know how. I haven't been helped by yor pictures, and I can't afford to pay you AND a repair person. Your answers just don't help.
this is from your model number you gave me ,,, sorry but Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks