Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

THE DRAIN AIR GAP ON THE SINK IS PUMPING WATER FORM THE DISH

THE DRAIN AIR GAP ON THE SINK IS PUMPING WATER FORM THE DISH WASHER ONTO THE TOP OF THE SINK. I HAVE REPLACED THE LARGE HOSE FROM THE DRAIN AIR GAP TO THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL AND THE AIR GAP ITSELF, ALSO CHECKED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE DRAIN INTO THE DISPOSAL IS CLEAR AND NO DRAIN PLUGGED. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM. IT HAS BEEN WORKING GREAT FOR A LONG TIME UNTIL NOW?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

water is backing up at the gap and coming out the holes on the cap?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES BUT THE MAIN FLOW IS GOING INTO THE DISPOSAL
is any of the water filling up the disposal and backing up into the sink?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO THE DISPOSAL DRAINS FINE. ENEN RAN THE FAUSET FULL ON TOO SEE IF IT WAS PLUGGEDE
the hose from the air gap to the disposal is kinked, to long or partly plugged, the only other thing is when the plug in the neck of the disposal what knocked out then part of it is still in the neck and not letting the water flow out into it fast enough
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HAS A NEW HOSE ABOUT 18" LONG AND NO KINKS AND PRETTY MUCH A STRAIGHT SHOT, THE INLET INTO THE DISPOSAL IS CLEAR AS I CAN STICK MY FINGER INTO IT AND HAVE CHECKED THE FLOW TO BE OK
i would just by-pass the air gap and out smart it, just make sure the drain from the dw runs up high and then down to the disposal and it should be fine, if it backs up into the sink then it mean the drain needs cleaned