Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

i got the LD error on my maytag bravo HE washer. Ive tried

i got the LD error on my maytag bravo HE washer. I've tried to run a cyle and nothing happens. there is a hum like its doing something, then the LD error comes back. Any idea?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

LD is an error code for long drain .

Is there standing water in the unit?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. It seems to be under the basket though. I can't see water in the basket, but when i move the basket, I hear water.

ok this humming you hear when it is trying to drain ,does it sound like it is coming from the right rear corner ,under the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't really tell. its the slightest of hum, but definitly below the unit. not the control panel.

ok pull the unit out away from the wall ,unplug it and tilt it back against the wall.

Under the unit on the right side is the drain pump ,have some towels ready ,and remove the hoses from the pump and look for socks or other debris.

Let me know what you find!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i got the really long hose off and it seems clear. i also got the very short hose off of the tub and i can get my finger through the pump. i can feel a wire in there that doesn't sem to fit, but no obvious obstructions. i can't get the short hose off of the pump

I`ll bet the wire is from a under wire from a bra, Common issue.

It you pull the wire out the pump should start to work.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it wasn't an underwire bra...it was a small piece about 2 inched long and as thin as the wire in a twist tie. the pump wheel now snaps around but doesn't spin freely. is that right?

yes that is correct now it should drain fine.

good job

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
getting that little hose back on will be the problem...
it should just slip on and then the hose clamp .
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line