Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fisher & Paykel 603 Dishwasher. F1 error code - removed

Fisher & Paykel 603 Dishwasher.

F1 error code - removed bottom drawer - dried out bottom tray and dried circuit board with hot air blower. Still shows F1 error. Tried testing the actuators as per video, but can't get panel to respond - just flashes F1 error.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F1 means that there is water in the base pan below the bottom drawer. This usually happens because something was stacked too high in one of the drawers when it was running and this caused the lid to not seal up when the drawer was shut. To correct the issue, pull the bottom drawer out. There are 2 square plastic push tabs on the right and left side of the drawer just behind the front panel. Pull the drawer forward and push in on these tabs. This will allow you to pull the drawer out a bit further so that you can get towels in the base pan behind the drawer.. Soak up all the water and leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to let it dry out. Once it's dry, the F1 error will not return. If the F1 error does re-occur, then unfortunately you will need to replace the small filter board in the back left corner of the base pan under the plastic housing because that is what senses the water. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the bottom drawer so that you can complete this repair.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need a new filter board or will removing it and putting it back reset the system?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Drying out the water should get rid of the error. If the base pan is completely dry and it continues to flash F1, then the filter board needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dried out the filter board again and F1 error now cancelled. Started dishwasher again, but water apparently leaking on right hand side of top drawer. Does this mean the actuator has failed on that side? Something is making a grinding noise like a slipping gear when I close drawer and press start. This appears to be a newer model with the black colored actuators. How easy is it to repalce the actuator and should I do both sides?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
yes, that means you'll need to replace the lid actuators on the top drawer.

It's a really tight area to replace the actuators but it can be done. You need to replace both sides because it comes as a kit with both actuators.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Waiting for parts.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok good luck.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need to remove the bottom drawer lid and yolks to change top drawer actuators? Looks like it may be the only way to run the actuator cables behind the insulation.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I never do. I just feed the cord down through the side of the dishwasher behind the insulation.

But if you have the new style actuators already you don't even have to worry about that. The power wires unplug from the bottom of the actuator just like a computer power cord.

You would need to pull the bottom drawer out if you wanted to replace the power cord to each actuator, but thats about it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.