servicegeek
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.
47503688

Our 10 year old washer wont do anything (silent...no movement)

Our 10 year old washer won't do anything (silent...no movement) in the was cycle. But if controls are moved to rinse or spin it seems to work fine. Any ideas on whether it should be repaired or replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 5 years ago.
Hey I will help you. Do you know what brand it is and I need the model number? Reply back on here . thanks David
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The washer is a Maytag....don't have model #. It is a top loader
Sounds like it could be a timer problem. I cannot give a part number on the timer without having the model number. I would say to replace the timer because if it spins it rules out a motor or lid switch problem. Normally a timer is over a 100 dollars on retail cost. Hope this helps with your decision on to replace or repair it. Please remember to click accept. Thanks David