servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.

Our 10 year old washer wont do anything ( movement)

Our 10 year old washer won't do anything ( movement) in the was cycle. But if controls are moved to rinse or spin it seems to work fine. Any ideas on whether it should be repaired or replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 4 years ago.
Hey I will help you. Do you know what brand it is and I need the model number? Reply back on here . thanks David
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The washer is a Maytag....don't have model #. It is a top loader
Sounds like it could be a timer problem. I cannot give a part number on the timer without having the model number. I would say to replace the timer because if it spins it rules out a motor or lid switch problem. Normally a timer is over a 100 dollars on retail cost. Hope this helps with your decision on to replace or repair it. Please remember to click accept. Thanks David