servicegeek
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.
47503688

I have a JennAir Double Convection oven model #jjw9630dds.

The lower oven door won't close properly. I'd like to repair this myself. The door will close, and the springs seem to be in place, but it won't close snugly. As a result, the oven keeps calling for heat and burns the food.

Any help would be appreciated.

I can send pictures if needed, no problem.
Thanks.
Bill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 2 years ago.
Hey I will help you. It is normal for these style oven doors to have a small amount of play when it is in the shut position . However it moves a few inches back and forth while shut I would recommend to replace the oven door hinges.i will get you part numbers and reply back to you. Thanks david
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.
But does this mean the existing hinges can't be adjusted? It seems as if the door is open about 1/2 inch.
You can adjust the hinges because it has a spring in it and it stretches out and will cause this problem. I would replace the hinges. The part number is #74010283 will have to replace both left and right at the same time. You will need to order 2 of these. You can order them from marcone.com. They retail around 45 dollars each.Hope this helps and please remember to click accept. Thanks David .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great. One more follow up.
How tough is this job, to replace the hinges?
What are the main steps involved?

Thanks.
I'll accept after your reply.
Bill
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh. The Marcone link seems to require a wholesaler's account?
Ok it is not to hard. Open the door and at the hinges flip the lock on the hinges and raise the door up and unhook it from the oven . Lay the door on the floor and remove the screws around the edge and the glass will come off and you can remove the hinges. The main part is to remove the door from the oven and don't try to unscrew it on the oven because it can break the glass. Hope this helps and please remember to accept. Thanks David. If you have any more questions you can still talk to me on here after you accept.
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.
You can call the 1-800 number. They might be closed for the holiday.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
great. thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cool. Thanks.

When I flip the lock on the hinges, I raise the door up... should I be able to remove the door at that point? Any tips you can offer for that?
Once you flip the lock you will raise the door up like you are going to close it and just removed it. It will kind of unhook from the oven. Thanks David
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician