MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

Frigidaire freezer model FFCO723DW14 Just shut off for no reason.

Frigidaire freezer model FFCO723DW14 Just shut off for no reason. I checked the power/temp dial. it is set to coldest setting, the freezer is 95% full. I plugged into different outlet to see if it was an outlet problem still wont turn back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.
Is this starting to thawJust because it turns off means nothing unless that is the case.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.

The thermostat or compressor is out here. You cannot fix a compressor, but you can bypass the thermostat for now to see if that is it. Access the thermostat and jump together the 2 wires that go to it; if the thermostat is bad then the compressor will start. use whatever you need to in order to do this as I count on some aptitude from you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not an electrician I don't know what the thermostat is or what wires to look for? can you provide a step by step process for what you are suggesting I do?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.
The thermostat is what the dial is on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, how do I bypass the thermostat? what wires and what do i do to bypass? please provide step by step how-to.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.
There are only 2 wires to it. Use a another wire, or whatever you want to join them together. Unplug this and make sure your connection is secure- use some tape if needed. Don't make this overly complex- all we have here are 2 wires that need to connect to each other.