william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

My Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer will not start. It comes on and

My Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer will not start. It comes on and you can change settings but when you press start it is stuck in the "sensing" mode. I have unplugged it and left it unplugged for a day to hope that it would reset but that has not worked. Is there a restart setting that I can do, I read the manual that came with it and there is nothing in there that describes that type of problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
Need the model number please? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WED6200SW

Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

It sounds like the thermal fuse but you will have to test the thermal fuse with a volt/ohm meter to see if its good or not which is located on the blower housing in on the left lower hand side after you take the back access panel off. You will have to unplug the machine first if you are doing this repair.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So what would do this and so I need to schedule a repair man to fix something like this or is it something that I can do myself.
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

I can walk you through this if you would like and if your not afraid of electricity?