william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I have an Advantium 120 Oven and the interior light does not

I have an Advantium 120 Oven and the interior light does not go on, the appliance is working properly except for this light. What can I do? Thank you for the help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
Need the model number please? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX 3 possibilites here 1 being that the bulb is burned out 1 the micro door switches are either bad or moved out of there places or the control board is bad.You will have to take the m/w down to repair this and you will have to use a meter to OHM out the parts that i suggested,im sorry but you will have to get a certified technicain to come in and do this repair and the only reason why im saying this is that there are components in the m/w that still hold a charge of 7000 volts and thats even with the m/w unplugged.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I change the interior bulb myself first?
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
Do you know anything about m/w repair and the dangers of it? I ask everyone this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

Ok im just looking out for your safety here like i mentioned that even though the m/w is unplugged there are components in there that sill hold a charge of 7000 volts and if you dont know what your doing well this repair will kill you. My suggestion would be to get a technician in to do this repair.