The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

has anyone used "wave home solutions" dehumidification sys

has anyone used "wave home solutions" dehumidification system?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.
Unfortunately the only real solution would be to take up the old carpet and padding. The smell that you have is embedded not so much in the carpet itself but in the padding. Once it gets into the padding there is nothing that will get it out except replacement.

When you get the carpet up you should make up a past of water and baking soda and apply it liberally to the concrete flooring. Let it dry out good and sweep up the powder. Don't try to get ever little bit of the powder up. Leave a little on the surface to absorb any future smells that may wick up through the concrete. Concrete is porous and will absorb smells quite deeply. For the most part that will absorb any smell that may have worked itself into the concrete though.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have you heard about the "Wave Home Solution"? Suppose to take a lot of the humidity out in the summertime replacing a dehumidifier, as well as bad gases in the house.

Sorry, no. From what I can see it is a home service that manages appliances that control things like air, and water filtration in your home.

Rather than employ such a service I would just install a quality dehumidifier.