The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.

I had a clog and the impeller was making a loud rubbing sound.

Customer Question

I had a clog and the impeller was making a loud rubbing sound. I cleaned everything out, but it wouldnt reset. I tipped it to get the water out of the pan. Now it runs but the impeller is still making the loud sound.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It seems to be working fine but the sound seems to be emanating from what Bosch is calling the "valve inlet/ horizontal solenoid". Is it possible the bearings are wearing out in the solenoid, or something else? About 10 yrs old.
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 4 years ago.

Hi to you from David, 'The
Famous Forry'

Pleases can you state your model number for me, thanks so much , regards David

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bosch SHV46C03UC/14
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi again and thankyou for the swift reply.

It my well be the solenoid plunger jamming very slightly in the chamber. There is a small rubber cap on the the top of the plunger in the solenoid and this ma wel be slightly lager than the bore after ten years. These are relatively cheap to buy and change completely, so not much of a problem. You say your dishwasher is still working fine though right now I would say start looking for a replacement fill solenoid now to avid any disruption in service. Hope this helps regards David. Greetings at Xmas to you and your family.*****

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Y I felt it vibration def. coming from there. Found a part online for $31. Merry Christmas to you!
Great. I thought around that much. Stay safe when swapping and Isolate electric. Merry Christmas to you.