Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Have an electric Jenn-aire model S100. Oven thermometer does

Have an electric Jenn-aire model S100. Oven thermometer does not work. Temperature just goes up (set at 250 went to 500 in 3 minutes). Local repairman says part no longer available. what can we do to fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.

Im sorry to say that Yes your servicer is correct the oven temperature control thermostat is NO LONGER available for this old of a model .

The Manufacture only has to keep parts available for 7 years ,then they can delete their stock .

You might be able to find one at a local USEd appliance parts store if you have one in your area .

But That would be no guarantee that it is in 100% working order.

You might also try E-Bay.

But From new Appliance parts dealers it is no longer available.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there another part that could be used? If not, how can the oven be "disabled" so it is not accidently turned on as this could be dangerous.

No replacement or the parts dealers would substitute it already.

And As for the disabling .if the servicer just disables the power into the thermostat ,then it would be NO PROBLEM even it the oven was turned on .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a schematic available? I cannot locate the original owners manual. How would I go about disbling the power myself?
yes here it is it look like if you dissconnect the two black wires on the same side of the themostat it will not heat .graphic