Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE wall oven stopped working after power outage

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have fuses or breakers in your home ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, breaker is on and good
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
so just no heat at all ? both bake and broil ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, the relay clicks twice when set temp and hit start, and continues to click on/off every 15 sec or so, no heat at the elements, stays at 100f on panel with no climb in temp
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay you tripped the high limit switch, this is a biggie, is located on the back of the oven which means to replace it you need to pull the oven out from the wall. It's part number 157 on this diagram. I should say you tripped it I should say the power outage did, this is a safety in between the clock and the elements, I can get a view of the actual thermostat to see whether it is a resettable one or if it needs to be replaced, if there is a red button on it you can reset it by pushing the red button if not you will need to replace it, here is a link where you can order it, saftey thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday season, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thermostat is working fine, what next?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay you still have the oven pulled out? Check for 220 V to the oven first. Let me know if you have 220 V.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I need to sign off for the night, I will be on tomorrow morning. talk then. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got it! bad connection at the wire nuts. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats great ! good job, Merry Christmas, thanks Bryan