Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

On a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer with an error code of F

On a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer with an error code of F 50, what is the bad case scenerio in regards XXXXX XXXXX expense. I am trying to decide if it would be money ahead to just replace the washer with a new one. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

F50 = Motor Stalled

The motor is stalled first thing to check is that there is nothing stopping the motor in between the tubs under the unit at the stater motor. If every thing check ok the rps sensor will most likely be at fault. This is located under the unit to the right of the stator motor. Im sure you have researched this and have found this to be a common issue! The manufacture has come out with a kit for the f-50 f-51 error code. The kit is a new control board,wire harness,and sensor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is the price of the kit with the new control board, wire harness, and sensor. As I previously stated based on price of repair I am trying to decide whether to just replace the washer. Thanks
hope your setting down cause the last time i priced it, it was about $425 for the kit ,, sorry for the bad news
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
by answering what the price of the F 50 error code kit costs so I can decide whether to just replace the washer based on what I would be looking at for parts.