Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do i tighten the handle on the 48" sub zero side by side

Customer Question

How do i tighten the handle on the 48" sub zero side by side i have. no ice in the door. Stainless steel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

do you have the full model # ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not with me. It is in a rental i have. I was told that there is screws in the bottom of the spacer that holds the handle off the door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Well there are many different types of handles and how they are held on. Usually on the subzero's however there is a small very small Alan screw on each end that connect to the studs on the door, however without a model number I can't show you this, with certainty. On some other types there are screws that go into the backside of the door underneath the door gasket but without a model number it's very difficult for me to be able to tell you for sure, to be certain I would need a model number so I can get you some diagrams to show you the location of the screws, if you can get that back to me I will try to bring up some diagrams to show you how to repair this, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This unit is about 3 yrs old, 48", side by side no ice in the door. The handles are about 30" in length and are held off by 2 spacers which i believ have an allen key in it? can't see it and the handle is getting more loose by the week.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes I believe the handle looks like this one,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
but I can't be sure like I said but I can't look up the diagrams which is what I really need to look at to see how your handle is attached some have a very tiny small Alan screw in the space apart and others a screwed in directly into the space or from behind with the gasket is, without a diagram I can't do much more than that but look for a very small hole with a very tiny Alan screw in it on the spacer, if there's any way of getting me the model number I can look into this even more for you but like I said we can't pull up diagrams without a model number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant get it at this time but yes that is what the handle looks like
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay well when you can get me the model number I will look up the diagrams and we could take it from there, thanks, Bryan