John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

vulcan model 365L OVEN WOULD NOT LITE AFTER BEING CONVERTED

vulcan model 365L OVEN WOULD NOT LITE AFTER BEING CONVERTED FROM PROPANE TO NATURAL GAS. IT WAS SUGGESTED BY AN APPLIANCE REPAIR MAN THAT WE CHANGE OUT THE MAGNETIC GAS VAVLE HEAD ASSY. DID THAT DID NOT WORK. ALTHOUGH THE BURNER SHOWED SIGNS OF WANTING TO LIGHT. I WAS ABLE TO GET IT TO LIGHT BY OPENING THE ADJUSTING SCREW SLIGHTLY ON THE GAS CONTROL VAVLE. BUT THE FLAME DOES NOT GO UP OR DOWN WHEN YOU TURN THE CONTROL VALVE FOR THE DIFFERENT TEMPS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Check to make sure the gas pressure regulator was changed to one rated for natural gas use. If it was'nt, you should be able to buy one at any good hardware store or gas appliance repair shop.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found out that the regulator has already been changed. Idid not know that until today. Spent a few hours making calls to determine if it was the correct one installed.I was hopeing that was the problem.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK. Thank you. There's a gas flow indicator(arrow) on the bottom of the regulator. The arrow should be pointing toward the oven. If it is, check the gas pressure adjustor to make sure it's turned fully clockwise. The adjustment screw is underneath the screw cap. If that does'nt solve the problem, replace the regulator.