Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher lights blink red when

my kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher lights blink red when i try turn it on. hitting cancel stops the blinking but it wont stay lit. help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Which light is blinking red exactly? And do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model #665.1310
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the blinking lights are when i try to push normal or smart wash--those are the only two i have tried

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Which light is blinking red exactly? The normal and smart wash lights? If you press any other buttons do they blink?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
now when i tried it again the normal wash light blinks, smart wash will now come on and stay lit but none of the other options will light up like pots and pans or china
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok you need to reset the control board. Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as soon as we hit heated dry the normal wash button starts to flash and when we are done none of the other lights are lit.

we also have another question about cleaning the ultra wash filter--that is what we thought the problem was originally and we have never cleaned them in two years. we cannot get the wing nut off of the lower wash arm. is there a trick to removing that?