Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a convection Kenmore Elite oven C970, the racks are

I have a convection Kenmore Elite oven C970, the racks are falling, I have been told that I am pooched, is this true?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay I'm gathering when you say pooched you mean people are telling you it's unfixable? First off do you have the full model number it starts with the 970 then there will be more numbers after that can you get those to me so I could take a look at it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, the only number I have on my oven is C970-441033, and that is correct, I have been told that it is unfixable, I sugggested that perhaps I could get a larger rack (about 1/4"), they tell me no.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay is it the oven itself that is bowing out so the racks don't fit any longer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You know, it could be, they told me that this could happen with an "older: oven, though I guess now 5 1/2 years is an older model. that's why I'm wondering it I could just get a slightly larger rack, or perhaps stick something that won't burn on the cleats that hold the rack so that the rack can't move.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Well I can give you a link to a whole lot of oven racks and they are on a grid so you can tell the size the grid is inch by inch, it would take me way too long to try to find the correct one for you but if you look at these you may find one that's slightly larger than yours that may work, here is the link, you will probably have to go through a lot before you can find one but hopefully you will, let me know if that helps, thanks, Bryan