John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Viking gas stove on propane gas Mod VGR-36-46D-SS.

I have a Viking gas stove on propane gas Mod VGR-36-46D-SS. I've adjusted the 4 top burner nozzles have good mix. Only problem is left spark unit is not working, only the right side spark unit sparks with any of the 4 top burner controls. Tried to trace and follow white wire from spark unit back to igniter???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

The ignition module should provide a spark at all the surface burners at once, until one or more of them lights off, then stop sparking at all the burners, once it senses a flame. The symptom you're describing is usually caused by grease or food deposits on one or more of the ignitors. Check to make sure they are all clean, before attempting to replace any parts. It's a good idea to burnish them with fine sandpaper.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.